Re: [OM] [OT]WAS ALERT, NOW Snake Identification

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT]WAS ALERT, NOW Snake Identification
From: Andrew Dacey <frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 22:06:27 -0300
On 7/12/01 9:31 PM, "andrew fildes" <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Oh yes - we have a lot of very nice pythons. There is a lot of discussion
> about which is the most poisonous here - the Brown because it has a very
> toxic venom, the Tiger in spring because it brews a strong batch over the
> winter or the Taipan/Fierce Snake because it is big, bites several times
> and gets a lot into you.

Well I'm drawing on the many hours I watched of "Crocodile Hunter", I was
under the impression that the Fierce Snake was the hands-down champ as far
as toxicity of venom, but seem to recall that it's really not that
aggressive a snake. Steve seemed to have much more concern (and difficulty)
with handling the Black Mamba when he was in Africa compared to the Fierce
Snake in Oz. Then again, maybe that was just because it wasn't his home
turf....

--
Andrew "Frugal" Dacey
frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx