Re: [OM] [OT]WAS ALERT, NOW Snake Identification

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT]WAS ALERT, NOW Snake Identification
From: "mike m." <mnmitch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 06:02:19 -0700
To be honest,I'm not sure what the suggested treatment is.I know that
the old cut and suck method is bogus. I never went to the doctor for
treatment. I drove about 45 minutes
to get back to my house cleaned the area and put an antibiotic cream on
it and wrapped it in gauze. I just treated it as a nasty wasp sting. I
took Tylenol for the pain, which was gone by the next day and the
swelling went down over the next 4 or 5 days. I really didn't think
there was a whole lot more a doctor could do for me,besides I might
catch some infectious disease while waiting to see him. Plus my
grandmother told me if it only got me with one fang it would be alright.