Re: [OM] Another OM-PC Question...

Subject: Re: [OM] Another OM-PC Question...
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jdubikins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 23:48:30 -0500
From: "Curtis P. Hedman" <Curtis.P.Hedman-1@xxxxxxxxxx>
The responses I've gotten on my 'oil-canning'
base plate
suggest that I should unscrew the three base plate screws to see if any of
the holes in the base plate are 'stripped out'. Any concerns that I need to
watch out for? Nothing is going to pop out if I do something in the wrong
order?  Just trying to be cautious.

I would just forget about it. The bottom of the OMPC I believe is plastic-covered copper (?) and is just a little gimpier than a "real" OM bottom plate. If it gets dented a little in one place, it can "oil can" in another. I have one like this and it works fine. I wouldn't remove the screws unless you have something in mind to do. Let's say you remove the bottom and the screws are indeed stripped out. What next?

Third question: Does anyone know if the Sunpak 433 D flash with Olympus
dedicated module works as a TTL flash?  Naturally it came with no
instruction manual.....

Yes, TTL absolutely, and it is a dandy flash. Did you get the zoom head with it? That's a nice accessory. The ability to cut the output to 1/2, 1/4, 1/8/ and 1/16 makes it very useful for fill flash and closeups.

I think you made a really good purchase. Congratulations!

Joel W.