[OM] Another OM-PC Question...

Subject: [OM] Another OM-PC Question...
From: "Curtis P. Hedman" <Curtis.P.Hedman-1@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 20:36:06 -0500
Three actually.... The responses I've gotten on my 'oil-canning' base plate suggest that I should unscrew the three base plate screws to see if any of the holes in the base plate are 'stripped out'. Any concerns that I need to watch out for? Nothing is going to pop out if I do something in the wrong order? Just trying to be cautious.

Second question: It seems that exposures using the 'DX' film speed reader setting are about one stop less than when I dial in the ASA manually. I hypothesize that this might happen if one of the DX sensing tabs fails - I don't know the DX coding pattern, and I doubt that it is a simple binary code, but loosing a low order bit could result in a factor of two error in interpreted film speed, I should think. Does anyone know if the OM-PC is susceptible to this sort of failure? Can the DX contacts be cleaned?

Third question: Does anyone know if the Sunpak 433 D flash with Olympus dedicated module works as a TTL flash? Naturally it came with no instruction manual.....

As always, any information or insights will be appreciated!

Curt