Re: [OM] Re: Winder 1 film end stop problem

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Winder 1 film end stop problem
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 13:14:58 -0500

Donald Shedrick wrote:

> Does the Winder 1 really have a "Solid-state circuit
> for automatic film wind stop after last exposure"?

> Any thoughts as to why mine keeps on winding when I press the winder
> shutter release at the end of the roll?

In a word, no.  It's simply a mechanical clutch that slips (or _should_
slip) if the winder is unable to wind the camera.  You can test it by
holding the sprocket firmly with your finger (back open on the camera,
winder attached, fire the winder, press on the sprocket -- but stay away
from the teeth! ;^)

Occasional problems?  Cold/old film gets brittle and breaks easily, and
film that isn't attached securely to the spool can pull off.  If your
film is pulling off the spools, try another brand, or if you roll your
own, tape it more securely to the spool (loop the tape all the way
around the spool, taping both sides of the film).  If the sprocket holes
are tearing, the winder may need adjustment -- the clutch has an
eccentric to change the spring tension....