Re: [OM] Re: Winder 1 film end stop problem

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Winder 1 film end stop problem
From: HI100@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 00:15:12 EDT
I have ripped film out of the cassette at the end with both winders and MD1.
It appears to depend on how the manufacturer puts film on the cassette. With
sturdy tape (old style) film sprockets can rip but film has not come off.
Narrow film tongue into centre of rewind spool easier to break.

I have not looked at those circuits in a while but my memory is that the
Winder one just has a timer circuit to limit how long wind current is
applied. There is a mechanical slip clutch which must limit the torque
applied to the wind spool.

                  Regards,
                 Tim Hughes