[OM] Bottom plate on my new OM-PC...

Subject: [OM] Bottom plate on my new OM-PC...
From: "Curtis P. Hedman" <Curtis.P.Hedman-1@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 22:23:46 -0500
Just received an OM-PC purchased on e*a*, and I have a question for the list.... the camera seems in pretty good shape in general, and so far everything seems to be working (film goes through it this weekend), but I notice that the bottom plate or cover seems to "oil can" a little - it makes a slight "ticking" sound when pressed lightly. I cannot see that any of the screws are loose, and there are no observable dents.... is this normal for the OM-PC, or do I have a problem waiting to leap out at me (or my son, who is to be the recipient of this camera once I check it out)?

I suspect I may have paid a little too much for this camera, if Tom Scales earlier comment (OM-G's for about $50, OM-PC's for about $75) is a good guideline. I paid $135 for the OM-PC, 50mm f1.8 (MC), and a Sunpak 433D flash with Olympus module.... not exactly a T-32, but a very interesting flash, at least at first glance!

Incidentally the son is 27, just wrapping up his PhD in Physics at Princeton, and has just discovered that all that photographic hardware dad carries around might have some merit after all! Handing him the OM-PC with a lens or two is my planned graduation present.....

Comments and guidance are always appreciated.

Curt