[OM] Panic ! Heart attack !

Subject: [OM] Panic ! Heart attack !
From: Peter Leyssens <leyssens@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 03:34:44 -0700 (PDT)
Hi,

When I was studying the scans I made of the first
roll of slide that I shot with my new
OM-4Ti+90mm/f2.0 combo, I noticed a couple of
white specks in exactly the same places on the
scans.  There's an example at :

http://www.geocities.com/leyssens/Oly/35marked.jpg

The white circles have been added, they're not
the specks I'm talking about.  Those are in the
middle of those white circles :-)

Now, I've asked my sister, who scanned the slides
for me, if it could possibly be their scanner.
They're using a flatbed scanner with a special
piece for scanning slides.  After blowing over
the slide, over the glass plate and over the
slide mount, it seems like the specks are in
different places now.

But it does seem strange to me : how can dust on
a scanner, that supposedly stops the light, turn
up white on the scan ?

BTW : I don't have an MD cap on the OM-4, but
neither do I have one on my OM-3, and I never had
problems with it.  I should put some black tape
on it, I know.  Or any place I can order 2 caps +
one for the 5-pin flash contact in Belgium ?

Peter.

=====
--
Peter Leyssens  ---  leyssens@xxxxxxxxx