Re: [OM] E*bay bites me in the a**

Subject: Re: [OM] E*bay bites me in the a**
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 22:51:20 -0700 (PDT)
Tom Scales wrote:
For long time readers, you'll remember that I had a buyer of my 18/3.5
back out on the deal.  He overbid and did it without his wife's
'permission' and she made him renege on the deal.

I asked the group what to do about leaving feedback and then did the
right thing. I left him negative feedback.  Here's what I posted to
him:

Buyer's wife forced him to back out of auction - bid high then didn't
pay. He replied to that with: Well as it says my wife cost me this
auction, it wont happen again as I am free I guess the auction cost him
his marriage <g>.

He waited months and then finally left me feedback -- negative
feedback.
Here's what he posted to me:

I tryed to resolve the issue with the 16mm lense, very hungry for the
money.

I guess if he thinks saying that he wouldn't pay is trying to resolve
it, then he tried.

I can't tell you how angry I am about this. I value my e*bay rating,
and to be punished for telling the truth burns me up.

My caution to e*bayers.  Maybe you don't want to leave that negative
feedback.

I am not a happy camper.

Tom,

I'm sorry it turned out like that. Still, it was evident from early on
that you were dealing with a spineless little sh*t and his wife
obviously thought so, too. I suppose it's not surprising, given his
lack of moral fibre, that the SLR* retaliated by unfairly giving you
negative feedback.

[* In this case, SLR = Snivelling Little Runt]

Note: the above is just IMHO.  YMMV  :-)

Regards,

=====
Ray