Re: [OM] -4Ti batteries

Subject: Re: [OM] -4Ti batteries
From: HI100@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 22:50:39 EDT
chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<<  I have not measure the current draw by the OM1n at
 different lighting condition, but I expected the variation is very >>

I posted measurements on this a long time ago if you check the archives. I
was looking into various conversion options at the time. The diode option
adds modestly ~0.3stop to linearity errors at high EV. The error at high EV
is minimised if you calibrate full scale, ie. if you just use the MR9 you may
have a bit larger error with no FS calibration. At low EV the battery voltage
error is large but the EV measurement error is absolutely negligible because
the error is a percentage of EV reading.   The current variation is form a
few uA leakage when dark up to about 0.5mA for a fast lens under bright
conditions. Olympus specifies 0.8mA max in the service manual.

                  Regards,
                 Tim Hughes