Re: [OM] What would your perfect $1100 kit be?

Subject: Re: [OM] What would your perfect $1100 kit be?
From: "Chris O'Neill" <chris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 20:01:16 -0600
If you paid GST on an item later returned, you can get the GST back by
filling-out the back of the form that listed the form that was pasted to the
box.  Takes forever....  last time I requested a refund it to 4 months...
but you will get it back.  Forget 'bout the $5 fee Canada Post charges
(or any brokerage fees if you had it sent via UPS/FedEx/Purolator and
paid those).

Chris

On 1 Jul 2001, at 17:26, O. Candemir wrote:

> At 05:17 PM Sunday 1/07/2001, you wrote:
> >>Mine if I *had* to have such a small kit that was *perfect* (or close to
> >>it).
> >>
> >>OM2N            $160
> >>24mm f2 $300
> >>50mm f1.2       $200
> >>90mm f2 $440
> >>
> >>Total           $1100
> >
> >Where do you get a 50mm f1.2 for $200? The ones I've seen are more like
> >$300-350.
> >
> >Henrik
>
> To be honest I wouldn't know either. I got my one new in box for $350 after
> finding fungus in an example I bought from Cameta camera in NY... I never
> followed up on the email I once wrote about being burnt by them but it
> ended up costing me US $60 in: a one way shipping fee back to them that
> they didn't re-imburse together with tax duties I had to pay to customs and
> will find it difficult to ever get back. Cameta are on my black list. Their
> "error" in grading and I suppose my naivety costed me $60 bucks. Never
> again Cameta...
>
> Oben

---
Chris O'Neill (chris@xxxxxxxxx)