Re: [OM] What would your perfect $1100 kit be?

Subject: Re: [OM] What would your perfect $1100 kit be?
From: Henrik Dahl <hdahl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2001 09:43:48 +0200
At 05:17 PM Sunday 1/07/2001, you wrote:
Mine if I *had* to have such a small kit that was *perfect* (or
close to it).

OM2N            $160
24mm f2 $300
50mm f1.2       $200
90mm f2 $440

Total           $1100

Where do you get a 50mm f1.2 for $200? The ones I've seen are more
like $300-350.

Henrik

To be honest I wouldn't know either. I got my one new in box for
$350 after finding fungus in an example I bought from Cameta camera
in NY... I never followed up on the email I once wrote about being
burnt by them but it ended up costing me US $60 in: a one way
shipping fee back to them that they didn't re-imburse together with
tax duties I had to pay to customs and will find it difficult to
ever get back. Cameta are on my black list. Their "error" in grading
and I suppose my naivety costed me $60 bucks. Never again Cameta...

Oben

I've had a couple of those too. Ordered a 35-70/3.6 rated Ex which 1)
didn´t maintain focus and 2) was dripping of oil 3) had a beaten
filterring. This was in Sweden though so it was no $60 for shipping,
more like $8.  It's a lot nicer to see and feel stuff before you buy
it. But I really _do_ want (sorry, should be "need") that sweet
little *Bay minty sold as is piece of glass! No reserve and only $25
dollar S/H + insurance. Hmmm...

Henrik