Re: [OM] Protecting film while traveling

Subject: Re: [OM] Protecting film while traveling
From: Michael Gardner <mlgardner99@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 08:10:28 -0400
You've gotten good advice on the hand inspection at airports.  If you
ship your exposed film back home or to your favorite lab, break it up
into two or three lots.  Packages do sometimes go astray and you don't
want to tempt fate.

Under no circumstances should you put film in your checked baggage.  All
checked baggage gets the high dose x-ray treatment.  Lead bags only
invite turning up the power to see what might be hidden inside.  The
safety of film while traveling has been widely studied and discussed.
A search of the Web should bring up all you need to know.
Mike Gardner