RE: [OM] Macro vs Micro

Subject: RE: [OM] Macro vs Micro
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 11:40:13 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 26 Jun 2001, Olaf Greve wrote:

> For me, I assume that there's a gray area in the definitions, which would be
> what Olymous refers to as "quite a bit of overlapping"...

Yes, "quite a bit of overlapping" is an understatement.  In the maginification
table at the back of the Macrophoto group manual, Olympus shows the
magnification range of microscopes to be 3.3X to 750X.  I would assume that
to get as low a magnification as 3.3X that they are considering the lower
power stereo microscopes such as the VM series.

> PS: Is it true that the PMT-35 bellows is longer than the regular one??? I
> wasn't aware of that...

Yup, it's a bit longer, but not by much.  You could of course extend an
existing OM bellows by adding extension tubes, no need to run out and buy a
PMT-35 :-)
                        -mark