[OM] ADITL Lives!

Subject: [OM] ADITL Lives!
From: David Bulger <David.Bulger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 10:19:02 -0500
Zuiks,

After extensive conversation with a couple of listees & George Anderson, I'm
going to host & coordinate the revival of the A Day In The Life gallery for
the list.

For those of you relatively new to the list, the ADITL event was the
original quasi-themed shooting event that eventually spun off the TOPE.  It
was started by George Anderson, a former listee.  Links below to the
previous ADITLs:

ADITL 1: http://www.whitneygallery.com/olympus/
ADITL 2: http://www.whitneygallery.com/Olympus2/
ADITL 3: http://www.millennics.com/olympus/aditl3/

The significant differences between the ADITL and the TOPE were that the
ADITL was designed for a relatively short shooting interval (2-3 days max)
and loosely themed, i.e. shots for the millenium, etc.  As Olafo has done a
superb job with the TOPE, I don't think we should duplicate it's purpose
with the ADITL -- rather than work with specific themes (macro, portrait,
etc.) I believe we should work with more of a temporal idea, as in what's
happening in our lives during the shooting interval.  Kinda like "A Day In
The Life"!  What a concept... <G>

Olafo has been kind enough to provide the coding/scripts that run the TOPE,
which I will modify & use (and shamelessly take credit for) for the ADITL.
The site will have provisions for comments, thumbnails, etc. as in the TOPE.
About the only significant difference I see in the ADITL operation is that
the photographer's names will be posted with the photograph.

The first set of ideas regarding subject matter are:

*Summer: shoot something that indicates & conveys the feeling of Summer to
you, as in heat, swimming, picnics, etc.
*Sunday: same as Summer -- something that indicates Sunday.  This brings
churches, BBQs, days off work to mind for me personally.  YMMV.
*What's Happening Today: a shot that captures something that will only
happen on this day in this place.  This might take some work coming up with
an idea, but isn't stretching our creative wings what these galleries are
all about?
*10:00 a.m.: Shoot something that occurs in your life at or around 10:00
a.m.

I would like to limit the selection of ADITL themes to the above list of
four for this ADITL and would appreciate you creative-type listees giving me
your preference.  Majority wins.  You can respond either to the list or
directly to me at david_bulger@xxxxxxxxxxxx.

For future ADITLs (the plan is to alternate each quarter between ADITL &
TOPE) I'd dearly love topic suggestions/ideas/demands, etc.  At some future
date I will compile a list of themes that the list can vote upon.

The shooting interval for the ADITL will be dependent upon the theme, but
within the 7/27/01 - 7/29/01 window.

TIA!

Dave