Re: [OM] ADITL Lives!

Subject: Re: [OM] ADITL Lives!
From: Steve Goss <steveg3@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 20:50:28 -0500

David Bulger wrote:

> Zuiks,
>
> After extensive conversation with a couple of listees & George Anderson, I'm
> going to host & coordinate the revival of the A Day In The Life gallery for
> the list.

Bravo

...snip...

> The first set of ideas regarding subject matter are:
>
> *Summer: shoot something that indicates & conveys the feeling of Summer to
> you, as in heat, swimming, picnics, etc.

It'll be hot where I live too, but we do have some folks who insist on living
south of the equator, making this their cold season.

> *Sunday: same as Summer -- something that indicates Sunday.  This brings
> churches, BBQs, days off work to mind for me personally.  YMMV.

Interesting. Plus, it doesn't have hemisphere problems.

> *What's Happening Today: a shot that captures something that will only
> happen on this day in this place.  This might take some work coming up with
> an idea, but isn't stretching our creative wings what these galleries are
> all about?

Let's see. The first three ADITL's were done on the equinox or solstice.  The
summer solstice was last week, so the next such opportunity would be the
autumnal equinox, somewhere around September 21. (That's a Friday this year)
Could be interesting.

> *10:00 a.m.: Shoot something that occurs in your life at or around 10:00
> a.m.

Either I'm at work or, on Saturday, still in bed. Neither sounds too exciting
to me.

I think I'll vote for Sunday.

Steve Goss, Dallas Tx usa