[OM] OM-4t trick - 2 Second aperture prefire

Subject: [OM] OM-4t trick - 2 Second aperture prefire
From: Wayne Shumaker <shumaker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 11:04:53 -0400
While experimenting with tripod mounted aperture prefire with the OM-4t
I discovered, with my 4t, that I could set the camera for 10second
timer, release the shutter, and then gently push with my finger on the
self-timer switch until it released the shutter. Thus mimicking a 2
second timer. The trick was getting the switch on the edge so the
distance pushed was short, and not pushing the switch all the way to
the point it would drop back into its detent position. This works
because I hold the camera with my hands even when mounted on the
tripod. Also rotating the finger while pushing with the fingernail and
not pulling the timer switch all the way on, but  rather close to the
switching point, so minimal pushing with the finger is required.

Wayne
Hopkinton, MA

PS, maybe we can add an OM tricks of the trade section to the book?