[OM] DeFanged + Rewind Crank - Another Problem to fix ?

Subject: [OM] DeFanged + Rewind Crank - Another Problem to fix ?
From: DBellamy2k@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 16:44:43 EDT
"mike m." <mnmitch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<< 2S,2N two 1N's and a > beautiful black OM4 that
> Kevin said ran the batteries down in a week. >>

Oh no, I hope my OM-2S I just bought doesn't do that !!!
I like it already. It's like 'almost' an OM-4(Ti), but it has that more
OM-1 OM-2 look with the pointier pentaprism. In the end I couldn't
resist it at 110 pounds Sterling! 12-month guarantee too. Ironic,
after the store sent me completely the wrong camera to start with!

I also have a (smaller) rewind crank problem on this OM-2SP - the
little hinge on the rewind crank handle is broken on one side, and the
handle is therefore a little bit loose (but will rewind OK - I will have to
do it carefully!).

What holds that hinge in place? Is it just a little spring-loaded bar similar
to the thing that usually holds watch straps on? Is it easy to fix? I don't
want to mess with it yet in case I break the other end too!!

Any help appreciated.

Dave Bellamy.
http://hometown.aol.com/sitesearch/