Re:(OT) [OM] Leica CL Price.

Subject: Re:(OT) [OM] Leica CL Price.
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 15:07:23 +0100
He's right Skip

The US is definitely not as cheap as "usual" at these dreadful rates
of exchange.  It is not even worth my looking at the "FS" posts at
present, because it is cheaper to wait for the items to become
available here... excepting the lovely 35/2 I bought from Tom S a few
weeks ago of course ;-).

On the subject of OMs, though, some shops are looking quite cheap
here in the UK.

Chris

Skip,
        Your top estimate of $950 for Leica plus lens equates to approx.
£710 at present abysmal rate of exchange!!!! Add to that cost of insured
postage and problems with return post if it not as described etc, and it
becomes less of a "bargain".  Present rate of exchange approx $1.35 to
£1.....This time last year approx $1.65 to £1
                                    Regards  John Duggan, Wales, U.K.