Re: [OM] Filter Quality

Subject: Re: [OM] Filter Quality
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2001 13:07:38 -0600
At 09:58 AM 6/9/01 -0400, Dave Dougherty  wrote:

Just got that 300mm lens from Tom Scales.  As you all know the lens has a
72mm front on it.  As I intend to use it for photographing shore birds and
the like and at the zoo, I think I should put a UV filter on it to protect
the front element.

[snip]

... So, the question is, what brand? I would appreciate the wisdom of the group.

I use Hoya multi-coats on all my lenses (including my 300mm). I like 'em. Others seem to turn their noses up at the HMCs, but for the life of me, can't understand why. I have Sky 1Bs on most of the lenses.

Garth