Re: [OM] OM2n Meter Calibration Question

Subject: Re: [OM] OM2n Meter Calibration Question
From: P2CON@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 19:35:04 EDT
John writes:
<< The auto meter indication in the finder is completely independent of the
 actual exposure.  One can be completely off while the other is dead on.   If
 manual meter is off, then auto needle is off same amount.  It does not carry
 over to actual exposure, though actual exposure could be off more or in the
 other direction.
  John  Hermanson >>

Thanks John, your explanation is more clear than my question.  So if the
viewfinder meter is off by one-stop, I can only be sure of a correction if I
shoot in manual with the ASA dial adjusted for the error, or by simply
changing the manual speed or aperture to account for the error.  And
conversely, if the ASA dial is changed to accomodate the error and I shoot in
Auto, the exposure may, or may not be correct.  Olympus did not do us any
favors with that design feature.  It makes it very confusing with multiple
bodies and varying amounts of viewfinder error.

>From now on I will just mark the camera to show what the viewfinder error is,
and then make corrections with the speed or aperture when on manual.  I will
have to determine any auto exposure error in a separate test.

Life is hard!!
Paul Connet