Re: [OM] OM2n Meter Calibration Question

Subject: Re: [OM] OM2n Meter Calibration Question
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 22:11:29 -0700 (PDT)
Paul Connet wrote:
I have a question for those of you that are not as meter-challenged as
I am.  On the OM2/2n and others that have 2 metering systems, (manual
and auto), is an error displayed by the manual CDS metering system also
carried through to the Auto silicon blue sensors?  In other words if I
check the manual meter against a handheld standard and see the camera
is one-stop off, can I expect the auto metering to also be one-stop
off?  I have checked the FAQ's but did not see any discussion of this.
(Snip)

Paul,

There is no connexion between the CdS cells and the silicon blue cells
in the OM-2n. If the camera is used in auto mode, the SB cells control
the shutter speed. In manual mode, of course, you control it. In either
mode, the CdS cells are there only to give you an indication of the
'correct' exposure. So, even if your CdS metering system is off, this
will have no effect on the SB metering system.

Regards,

=====
Ray