Re: [OM] Problems with OM's

Subject: Re: [OM] Problems with OM's
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 22:09:43 +0200

To be absolutely fair to Jessops, they did make good all this nonsense and
gave me a free 2-13 screen, some filters and some process-paid K64 as
compensation, which encouraged me to go back and try again....thus the
OM-2SP.  To be fair, they couldn't realistically've known about that, and I
ended up with a rather nice iS-2000 for the same price (£145).  So they're
not all bad.

Yes David and so they should have done - it is their fault for
selling goods not of merchantable quality.  There is no substitute
for a culture of quality in an organisation; when I started useing
Jessops 20-odd years ago, they were a family concern based in
Leicester and the shops were fun to visit.  Now, in their efforts to
expand, they are too supermarket-like for buying to be fun any more.
It is only the occasional shop, whose personnel do not live down to
the culture of Jessops, that make some shops worth visiting to buy
from.

I should point out these were all 2nd hand bodies....the only new OM I ever
bought was an OM-40 in 1986, which worked very well.  And my OM-3 has only
had minor problems which have been suceessfully resolved, and is still spot
on after, what, 18 years?  I should, I suppose, stop being so bloody stingy
and get a new OM4Ti....
Dave

Yes, you jolly well should... and let me look after the OM3 for you :>).

Chris