Re: [OM] 35-80/2.8: Distortion at 35mm

Subject: Re: [OM] 35-80/2.8: Distortion at 35mm
From: frieder.faig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 00:42:10 +0200
On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 08:36:10AM -0000, Olaf Greve wrote:

> A funny thing to notice, BTW, is that when looking through the viewfinder
> all lines seem to be nicely straight, and I couldn't detect any distortion
> with any of the lenses this way. Nonetheless, I'm positive the distortion
> will show up in the end results. Does anyone know why this appears to be the
> case, or was I perhaps drunk in such a way that the bent lines appeared
> straight to me ?!? ;)

Hmm, guess, the viewfinder optics have their influence too. depending on the
lens,
they might compensate each other or be stronger together. Sometimes I feel
there is
too much distortion aperaring in the viewfinder of My OM 2S. Mayb is it caused
by the
astigmatism of my eye? -May be. I always hope it will not be that bad in the
picture.

But my projection lens of my slide projectior is not totally free of distortion
too.
And since I´m using a stopdown apperture in front of this lens, this distortion
is getting
pretty visible. But in most cases the plopp an unsharp corners concern me more.

Frieder Faig.