Re: [OM] Macro Questions

Subject: Re: [OM] Macro Questions
From: Larry <Halpert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 01:06:34 -0400
What about the Tokina 90mm 2.5 AT-X? At about $190, it's less expensive than the
Tamron, or Series-1 versions, and many tests rate it higher (except the one
example Gary happened to try). Some comparisons rate it sharper/contrastier than
the Zuiko. (And yes, there will always be things to say to discredit those
comparisons to justify spending 3 times the amount). It will also reach down to
1:2, and has an available matched extender with optics to bring it down to 1:1.

With this level of quality, it really just depends on how easy money comes to
you. If you're after the photography aspect first, and want the 90mm focal
length, and working distance, rather than the fact that it says "Zuiko" on it,
the Tokina will fit the bill, and is less known than its Tamron or Vivitar
versions.

Larry