Re: [OM] Infinity focus & focusing screens

Subject: Re: [OM] Infinity focus & focusing screens
From: "Hans-Joachim Busch" <Busch-Koeln@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 22:17:30 +0200
Some of you seem to use the splitscreen and microprisms like a cheap AF
works. It doesn't give the correct focus, if you focus in the center and
then turn sideways!! Imagin you stand in front of the Cologne Cathedral (my
home town), let me say about 10m away from the portal and have a sharp focus
on it. Now you rise to the upmost point. The HORIZONTAL distance is still
about 10m, but I think, none of you will expect the cruzifix 156m high will
now be in focus too or viceversa!!!!

And Mike already said, that the image you see and focus on is on the
screens's surface. Any eyglasses can not change this point, but only help
you to see this point sharp or not.

If there really is a difference between 1-13 and 1-4 focusing I wonder which
gives the correct focus ON THE FILM???

I use only 1-4, now 2-4. Anything between me and my picture bothers me. Even
with my OM88 I overlook it.

Greetings from cologne
Jochen (Hans-Joachim)