Re: [OM] Infinity focus & focusing screens

Subject: Re: [OM] Infinity focus & focusing screens
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 21:37:38 -0700
Donald S. writes:

<< My conclusion is use a split image screen for most accurate focus
unless you have corrective lenses in your eyecup.  Thoughts? >>

Run, don't walk, to the nearest source for dioptric correction lenses.
It makes mucho difference in ability to focus.  Of course, the OM-3/4
owner's have it built in.

Folks swiching to AF because they can't focus anymore might see it isn't
so bad if they had the right correction lens.  Most folks never bother
or even know.

As far as best point of focus, folks ought to do what you did to be sure
for their eyes and equipment. I've settled on the 2-4 screen and looking
for fine detail shimmer as the best point of focus.  I know from testing
that it work FOR ME.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV