Re: [OM] Infinity focus & focusing screens

Subject: Re: [OM] Infinity focus & focusing screens
From: DAVDOU9211@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 21:55:39 EDT
I have just today had an interesting experience vis a vis this thread.

I got new prescription glasses.  I suffer from near-sightedness and
astigmatism.  Recently I have had the same problems focusing with a split
image (1-13) screen in my OM-2 and found that it was really guess work
focusing on the ground glass screen in my Rollei 2.8E.

Well the new prescription helps that alot!  I can see the ground glass in the
Rollei and I can focus the OM-2 very well I think.  It remains to be seen if
the results I get will be up to my current expectations.

My point is that we eye glass wearers have to adapt.  As one gets older the
old peepers need help and the visual acuity diminishes slowly.  I am struck
by the new found sharpness in both viewfinders.

It seems that astigmatism causes the addition of a dioptor correction lens to
the viewfinder of an OM camera not too be effective.  It will be interesting
to see the difference when I am able to look thru the viewfinder of the
OM-4Ti I am buying from George.  I can set the diopter in that viewfinder.
I'll comment on it soon.

Dave Dougherty