Re: [OM] ***Graphex~ Speed Graphic and Mini Speed Graphic***

Subject: Re: [OM] ***Graphex~ Speed Graphic and Mini Speed Graphic***
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 08:46:28 -0600
At 10:21 AM 5/15/2001 -0400, "Chet \\\0tO" wrote:

[snip]

>  I know this is an Olympus list but I have a question for you. I just got
>two old cameras, in very good to excellent condition. (see subject)
>Both seem to have been well taken care of and the shutters seem to work fine,
>the bellows are in excellent condition looking new.
>One is 4x5 and the other is 2¼X3¼ film size, Is this film still available?

4x5 is available at better camera shops everywhere, as well as (of course) by
mail-order.  It's still widely used by serious amateurs and professionals
working with view cameras.  The other film size is probably 120 or 220
roll-film, which is also widely available at good camera stores.

>    Both have a flash attachment,  the larger one has an extra lens, they
>come in a nice custom case with several film carriers and other misc. cords
>and stuff.
>   I am not set up to use these large format cameras. So I was thinking of
>selling them and turning the cash into something else. Are there much
>interest in older cameras like this? OR do you guys know of someone I could
>contact on this subject? I was going to put them on Ebay. Or can you
>recommend somewhere else?

Ebay's probably a good choice.  Bigger audience, more knowledgeable.

>Is there a mailing list like this for these cameras?

I'd be surprised if there wasn't, but you're gonna have to use a search engine
to find 'em.  Try search terms like "medium format camera" or "view camera" or
"large format camera" and see what crops up.  Of course, don't forget to try
"Graphex Speed Graphic" etc.  ;-)

Good luck.

Garth