Re: [OM] ***Graphex~ Speed Graphic and Mini Speed Graphic***

Subject: Re: [OM] ***Graphex~ Speed Graphic and Mini Speed Graphic***
From: RobBurn@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 08:52:50 EDT
I have a Crown Graphic 2 1/4 X 3 1/4 camera. B & H (bhphoto.com) still
carries 2 1/4 X 3 1/4 B & W sheet film for use in film holders. No color
film. Or you can use 120 film in one of the adapters mentioned. There is a 12
exposure (2 1/4 X 2 1/4), 10 exposure (2 1/4 X 2 3/4), or 8 exposure (2 1/4 X
3 1/4) roll film adapter available for the 2 1/4 X 3 1/4 Crown Graphic. They
are frequently offered for sale on eBay. 4 X 5 B & W or color film is readily
available from multiple sources. You should see a good 4 X 5 color
transparency. They can be awesome!

As mentioned, try www.graflex.org for additional information.

The Graflex cameras were once the mainstay of press photographers. They are
still a lot of fun for home studio portraits or landscapes. They will cause
you to take more time choosing subjects and composing pictures. You can't
just point the camera and fire off a roll of film hoping to get one or two
good shots. Can you imagine Ansel Adams going out on a landscape photo shoot
with only *one* sheet of fim for his 8 X 10 view camera? That would require
real photographic discipline to get a good shot. I am *not* that disciplined.
 ;o)

I am currently constructing a basement darkroom to enable my grandchildren to
experience the fun of B & W development. They will be using their OM-10s with
Zuiko 50mm/f1.8 normal lenses and Tokina 70-210 zoom lenses, plus the Crown
Graphic for portraits. Of course (with proper supervision), they will also
have access to grandad's OM-1s, OM-2, and OM-4s with a fairly wide assortment
of Zuiko lenses. I'm looking forward to a lot of good times.

Robert