Re: [OM] Guess the 40/2 Contest

Subject: Re: [OM] Guess the 40/2 Contest
From: "Enrique Cabrera" <qcabrera@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 02:33:25 +0200
Charles:

How come you will be burning the film on the motorcycles rather tan
on the tall,lanky, beautiful woman????

Definitely something wrong there!! Next thing you'll know is that
you'll be discussing on a mailing list on pancake lenses prices and
building remote control detonators for your camera!!! ;)

Enrique

BTW: Nice to be back on the list in time for the new contest.

Once Upon a 14 May 01, c.e.packard wrote me about Re: [OM] Guess the 40/2
Contest something like:

> Thank you, Thank you all, It's an honor to win and to be next in line to
> host this prestigious event. I would like to personally thank Skip
> Williams for constructing the ebay history which I used to base my guess.
> I also want to thank...<sniff..sniff> I can't go on....Thank you. <A tall,
> lanky, beautiful woman escorts me off the stage as the orchestra plays>
>
> I'll be on the lookout for something interesting on *Bay.
>
> -Charles Packard
>
> P.S. I appreciate it Tom but for now my fridge is full o film waiting to
> be burned. Hopefully (my bosses willing) I be at the Big Kahuna"
> motorcycle race this Sunday at Road Atlanta burning a bunch of it.
>

> Tom Scales wrote:
> >
> > Sorry it took so long for me to post the winner.  Long boring story.
> >
> > The final bid for the lens was $510.
> >
> > The winner, with a guess of $520 was:
> >
> > Charles Packard!
> >
> > Charles, you have the honor of choosing the next auction and also a roll
> > of film of your choice (ok, no roll of film has ever actually changed
> > hands, but it could if you want it).
> >
> > Thanks to all who participated.  You know who you are.
> >
> > Tom

Enrique Cabrera Jr.
Industrial Eng., MSc
Asst. Professor
Fluid Mechanics Group - Institute for Water Technology
Politechnic University of Valencia (Spain)
http://www.gmf.upv.es
Tel: +34 96 3877611
Fax: +34 96 3877619