Re: [OM] TOPE: some updates

Subject: Re: [OM] TOPE: some updates
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 13:43:47 -0500 (CDT)
On Mon, 14 May 2001 13:57:03 -0000, Olaf Greve wrote:

>4-Three people have asked me if they could still send in pictures for the
>closed TOPE events such as TOPE 2 and 3, I'm a bit in doubt here. The
>pictures are great, but these galleries are supposed to be closed... Not
>sure what to do yet... Maybe I'll allow them if the photographers who took
>the pictures do 100 push-ups saying "I shall not be late for the TOPE events
>again"...;)

Although I'm all for getting as many entries as possible, it seems to
me that since we have a time structure and posted deadlines that we
should adhere to that to some degree. I know my entries haven't
necessarily been the most outstanding photographs I've ever taken,
but they were the ones I took during the open period. If we threw
deadlines out entirely, I would certainly take back a couple of my
entries and submit photographs that were far more impressive. My
creativity and technique don't always coincide with the TOPE
schedule.

Maybe these folks should submit their photographs to the unofficial
Olympus gallery, which is an open ended entity, and imposes no time
constraints on entries. Then they'd be appropriately displayed.
-
B.B. Bean                                       bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Bean & Bean Cotton Co/Bean Farms                http://www.beancotton.com
Peach Orchard, MO