RE: [OM] Everyone's Film of Choice

Subject: RE: [OM] Everyone's Film of Choice
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 21:03:57 -0600
On 10 May 2001, at 19:42, Scott Gomez wrote:

> I was using lots of Costco (Agfa, I believe) for general shooting. Lately
> it's been Kodak Royal Gold 200 or 400 since that's what Costco's had in the
> store. I believe I'm going to go back to shooting RGB's Eastman 52xx stuff
> though. I always liked it in the past.

Someone said you can get Costco's Kirkland (yes, it's Agfa) film off
their web site and I got all excited, but then I saw that they only ship
within the States.  Major bummer!

We shot lots of Kirkland until Costco made a deal with Kodak and quit
selling it.  Now, they only carry Kodak.  So, we've switched back to
Konica (VX200 usually).  I don't have anything against Kodak (Gold or
Royal Gold) except the price.  Kirkland and Konica are good 'nuff for our
purposes...  5x7 prints and scanning for the web.  Someday, when I can
afford to get into having my stuff enlarged, I'll go to slide film, probably
Fuji because of all the positive comments here.

By the way, if anyone else using Konica, start saving your cannisters.  I
know a guy who uses them and he'll give me 3 rolls of film for every 10
empty cannisters I give him.  So, save them for me!  Let me know when
you've got 40 or 50 and then I'll pay the cost of mailing them to me.

Anything to keep my costs down, eh?!?!  :-)))

Regards,

Chris

---
Chris O'Neill (coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx)