Re: [OM] F280 on a BG2 or Quantum?

Subject: Re: [OM] F280 on a BG2 or Quantum?
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 22:34:50 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 7 May 2001, Skip Williams wrote:

> Can you put a F280 on a Bounce Grip 2 and get improved recycle times?  And
> will a TTL cord from the OM-4T body to the flash then control the Super-FP
> flash mode in this configuration?   (I have a TTL cord for the F280 as a
> backup)

You can put the F280 on the BG2 but it won't power the flash.  If you look
closely at the F280, you'll notice that the spot where the T32 has the power
pins (in front just above the shoe) there is nothing but a big empty hole.

> Can you use the Quantum Battery thing-a-ma-jig that fits the T-32 in the
> F280?  It looks like two AA batteries with wires coming out.  I put it in
> my T-32's in place of 2 batteries; and have cut out a notch for the wires
> to travel to the battery.  It seems like it should work for the F280, since
> they both use 4-AA's.

It could work, but you would have to modify the battery cover since in the
F280 the battery cover contains some of the battery contacts.
                                -mark