Re: [OM] Re: Working Distance (was "85/2 vs 90/2")

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Working Distance (was "85/2 vs 90/2")
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jdubikins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2001 21:09:36 -0500
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx> - who writ in part:
Thinking out loud:
I ought to put together a table showing what the various combinations tube
lengths do with various Zuiko prime lenses; both with Oly tubes and the
Vivitar.  Found the longest tube out of the Vivitar set, the 36mm, quite
handy with the longer lenses.  Wouldn't be hard to do in a
spreadsheet.  Results would be approximate measuring from lens exterior as
the theoretical formulae are based on distances from lens principal points
(nodes) and film plane.  Might be useful for some as the TOPE 6 window is
still open (have you done yours yet?).

I haven't done mine yet. :-(

Of the Viv tubes, the 12mm is my most used segment, closely followed by the 36mm. I think if I had the Oly 7mm, I wouldn't "need" the other two Oly sizes.

The spreadsheet you suggest would be gratefully received by the list I'll wager. :)

Joel W.