Re: [OM] Re: Working Distance (was "85/2 vs 90/2")

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Working Distance (was "85/2 vs 90/2")
From: frieder.faig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 17:49:42 +0200
On Mon, May 07, 2001 at 07:54:03PM +0000, John A. Lind wrote:
> At 00:02 5/8/01, Joel Wilcox wrote:
>
> >Wow. Thanks.
>
> You're welcome.  Researched some of this stuff for a tutorial on my web
> site about lenses.  Not yet complete, but getting there.

Hmm, seems we`re working on the same subject.

> Thinking out loud:
> I ought to put together a table showing what the various combinations tube
> lengths do with various Zuiko prime lenses; both with Oly tubes and the
> Vivitar.  Found the longest tube out of the Vivitar set, the 36mm, quite
> handy with the longer lenses.  Wouldn't be hard to do in a
> spreadsheet.  Results would be approximate measuring from lens exterior as
> the theoretical formulae are based on distances from lens principal points
> (nodes) and film plane.  Might be useful for some as the TOPE 6 window is
> still open (have you done yours yet?).

I`ve made such a spread (but not with Excel!), as Ive had the same idea.
 I`ve converted the first results to html. So far For the 50mm /F1.8 and the
85mm /F2.
Results at::

http://studweb.studserv.uni-stuttgart.de/studweb/users/mas/mas12462/Optik/Makro/Frieders_OM_Makro.html

or follow the link "overview macro-photographie mit with Zuiko-lenses" my site
at:
http://studweb.studserv.uni-stuttgart.de/studweb/users/mas/mas12462

regards,
Frieder Faig