Re: [OM] mercury batteries-OT story

Subject: Re: [OM] mercury batteries-OT story
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 12:49:04 EDT
My 'guess' would be that people knew it was a very bad idea to drink it, but
may not have realized it also wasn't a good idea to handle it with bare skin
or breathe the fumes. I too, can recall playing with it in chemistry or
science classes in the '60s. I'm also reasonably sure it may have been in my
chemistry set that was bought for me as a kid-which was early '60s.

George S.