Re: [OM] HELP: what should I take !?!?!

Subject: Re: [OM] HELP: what should I take !?!?!
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 18:38:31 -0700
Cc: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Mike Lazzari wrote:
>
> > One piece of indispensable equipment especially for macro: Go to an
> > outdoor store and buy about 6ft-sq (2m-sq) piece of mosquito netting

Chris O'Neill responded:

> Why?  Explain further, please?

Chris, Don't tell me there's no bugs in Edmonton. I guess it's still
winter up there :)
In the mountains around here, about the time that the flowers are best
the bugs can get so bad they'll drive you crazy. So, put on your hat,
throw the netting over your head, cut a hole just big enough to stick
the lens out. Those mosquito net hats work pretty well too. DEET
repellent works but it is pretty nasty stuff. Also wouldn't want to get
it on my camera. And the repellent only keeps the little buggers from
biting, it doesn't keep them from landing or flying up your nose. From
what I hear the Boundary Waters canoe country can have pretty serious
bugs at the right time of year too. That's why i recommended the extra
piece of netting.

Mike