Re: [OM] Photoshop replacement

Subject: Re: [OM] Photoshop replacement
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 20:58:01 +0200
: Hans-Joachim Busch and John Hermanson both wrote in favor of Micrografx
: Picture Publisher and Hans also mentioned Ulead Photoimpact.  Are either
: of these products capable of doing perspective control (undoing the
: keystone) which was the point of my initial question on the subject?

PhotoImpact 6 has various perspectice controls in the tools panel. The pictogram
is the square 'clock'.
The options for this tool are:

- Resize (with an option to maintain the dimensions);
- Slant (slants the horizontal or vertical edges of the image, while retaining
parallel lines);
- Distort (freely distorts the shape of an image);
- Perspective (adjusts the perspective of an image to make the image or object
appear as if it has depth or distance);
- Horizontal Plane (redefines the horizontal plane);
- Vertical Plane (redefines the vertical plane);
- Rotate (Freely rotates the image);
- 3D trackball (tool to rotate the image along the X, Y or Z axes).

The Warping Effect is also still available. Sorely missed from PhotoImpact's
predecessor, ImagePals, is the Fisheye Effect. For this reason I still have that
old 16 bit program installed.

And of course PhotoImpact is fully compatible with PhotoShop plugins.

Trial version download at http://www.ulead.com/pi/trial.htm

hnz