Re: [OM] Fwd: Focus Screens

Subject: Re: [OM] Fwd: Focus Screens
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 14:59:41 -0400
First I blow off the screen with compressed air.  Screen is out of camera
when this is done.   Air compressor has 2 water traps one at each end of the
line, I've never had trouble with water in the line with this setup.  I
suggest never blowing compressed air into the body, it can wreck the meter,
in some cases knocking the galvanometer off its pivot.

Then, if there are specs on the screen, I brush the screen with a goose
feather.  If specks are stuck to the pentaprism I clean first with lens
tissue and alcohol.  Persistent specks are picked off with the tip of a
dental hook. I look into the lens opening with a loupe and gently touch the
hook to the speck. Surface "moisture" makes speck stick to the hook.

Cleaning the screen is always done whether or not the customer asks for it.

John  Hermanson
http://www.zuiko.com
Camtech, Olympus Service since 1977.
21 South Lane,  Huntington NY 11743-4714
Phone/fax 631-424-2121
Free Olympus Manuals: 1-800-221-3000