RE: [OM] Hello again, and a question

Subject: RE: [OM] Hello again, and a question
From: John F Wheeler <wheelej@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 15:28:53 +1000
G'day Gregg,

Of course your points are absolutely valid. Unfortunately up here (you
thought that Oz was on the bottom, didn't you) our environment was pristine
until relatively recently. Then the Poms thought that fox hunting would be
nice together with bunnies to remind them of home. Add the cane toad that
we Aussies imported from South America to eradicate the cane beetle; it now
could be the most robust pest we have. And yes, the bug people just two
weeks ago discovered the first evidence of fire ants!

For all that, what with modern transport systems we'll all end up with our
fair share of these problems and I don't think that there is a hope in hell
of us being able to prevent them. So your latter option is probably
correct.

But out of the gloom there is one shining light. On the Northern Beaches of
Sydney at the moment we have the most glorious crop of golden orb spiders.
Big and fat and just begging for some macro shots to be taken! I hope to
sharpen my most elementary technique in just that direction.

John.