Re: [OM] Hello again, and a question

Subject: Re: [OM] Hello again, and a question
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 12:44:52 +0000
At 03:32 4/19/01, Paul, the Catmaster wrote:
I knew from reading the online manual (Thanks to Hans), that red 1/60 and B
work without battery power, but I did not realize that it is actually a
switch that disconnects the battery power altogether as well.
This is what drove me nuts about the OMPC, was the ability of it to drain
the batteries quick, due to the shutter being pressed when carrying.
I am glad there is this way to turn the 4T off!
Thanks for posting this again.

It doesn't turn the OM-2S, OM-4 or OM-4T off completely. There will still be a small battery drain. Of the three, the OM-4T has the least. As an owner of an OM-2S and an OM-4, I've never had any complaints about their battery consumption. It is higher than some other, older cameras, but not nearly what it is in the current AF Program Mode Wunderbricks . . . and the batteries are much cheaper the Lithium monsters the Wunderbricks need for all the focus and film transport motors. I go through about two sets of cells per year . . . under heavy usage maybe three.

-- John