Re: [OM][OT]Expressions of Faith, was Hello again, and a question

Subject: Re: [OM][OT]Expressions of Faith, was Hello again, and a question
From: "John Pendley" <jpendley@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 14:54:40 -0400
Winsor,
I've managed to hold my tongue until now.  I am a Christian who is neither
arrogant nor contemptuous of those who believe in other faiths.  Also, I
find it revealing and ironic that unbelievers are free to say what they
like, however negative, about Christians while Christians are urged to keep
their beliefs to themselves.  I suggest we drop this whole thing unless
there is to be an open airing of beliefs, no matter who holds them or what
they are.  Otherwise, this could develop into a real flame war.  I,
personally, will not condemn anyone, but I will not sit silently by while I
am condemned.
Regerds,
John Pendley

On the other hand, most people have better manners than to inflict
their privately held beliefs on others. Interesting that you do not
usually see these wonderful affirmations from  other faiths.  Says
more about the arrogance and contempt of Christians for other faiths
than anything else.

Winsor
--
Winsor Crosby