Re: [OM] Varimagni finder

Subject: Re: [OM] Varimagni finder
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 17:37:03 -0600
At 05:50 PM 4/16/2001 -0400, P.J. wrote:
>Bob,
>      Take a look at the e-SIF (as always, my compliments to Hans) at
>http://www.taiga.ca/~esif/om-sif/findergroup.htm.
>If I read it correctly, I think you are out of luck for -5.5 to -6.  Maybe
>someone knows if a higher power dioptric correction can be custom made?

Always, if you're willing to shell out the cash.  Any competent eyewear shop
with their own lab should be able to do it, as long as you can present them
with a specimen to work off of.  Several of the local Lenscrafters here in
Edmonton have done some interesting stuff, and my own optician was quite
willing to do custom work for me -- assuming I had the money, of course...

Garth