Re: [OM] IS-10 Question

Subject: Re: [OM] IS-10 Question
From: bhinderks@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 21:27:01 -0700
At 07:14 PM 4/11/01 -0500, Clint wrote:
>Sometimes the contacts between the flash head and the circuit don't touch --
>it's an "easy fix".  That shouldn't keep it from focusing, though....
>
>New Olympus cameras have a one year warranty.  You can send it directly to
>Olympus yourself, with proof of purchase.  Proper repair usually requires a
>special programming device which few non-Olympus facilities have.

Thanks for the info Clint. I spoke with my friend a little earlier and
learned a little more. Seems the lady's husband bought the camera new from
Kerrisdale a little while ago. She had used the camera exactly three times
and was very pleased with it. On the last occasion she tried shooting some
stuff and that is when the camera refused to focus. She was not using
flash. She finally got into Victoria and took the camera into Kerrisdale
where they immediately accused her of either dropping the camera or banging
it into something (there is not a mark on it). This couple are well over 60
and very picky with their stuff. I've tried to deal with the jerk who runs
this branch of Kerrisdale and can well understand their frustration.
Fortunately I had the address and phone number for the Canadian Service
Centre (who I have dealt with) and passed it on to the lady in question.
Hopefully Oly will honour the warranty.

Barry H