Sv: [OM] 85/2: a good buy?

Subject: Sv: [OM] 85/2: a good buy?
From: "Bernd Moeller" <dsl33687a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 18:12:23 +0200
Hej Thomas,

> However for concert-photos....I dunno what kind of concerts you go to, but
> if you want pictures of the stage, and you cannot be just up front, you're
> probably better off with a longer focal length.

Normally I shoot at small local venues (you probably know Studenterhuset and
Tusindfryd in Aalborg) where I get so close to the stage that even my 50/1.4 is
sufficient to get good frames. It's less easy to get close to the stage at
bigger venues, but there I normally have an arrangement with the venue staff or
even the record company.
The 85/2 however will give me enough focal length to shoot faces or to work
with depth of field.

Regards

Bernd