Re: Sv: [OM] 85/2: a good buy?

Subject: Re: Sv: [OM] 85/2: a good buy?
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 12:22:16 +0000
At 16:00 4/11/01, you wrote:
Hi John,

Thanks for the link to Lee's site. I did'nt know that survey existed.

Regards,

Bernd

Bernd,
I have an MC version of this lens. Don't know how you intend to use it. The 85mm length meets the "ideal" for portraiture at about 2X the 35mm film frame diagonal. It's small with a 49mm filter ring and fast at f/2 . . . a combination that among other Zuiko's usually results in a 55mm ring. Has excellent bokeh. I use mine for portraiture and with extension tubes for macros. Got it instead of a 100/2 since I already have a 135/2.8; the 85/2 plugs the gap between the 50/1.2 and 135/2.8 lenses better.

Yet another of the unsung Zuiko's (like the 135/2.8) living in the shadow of the outstanding 90/2 Macro and 100/2 lenses.

-- John