Re: [OM] OK, I know I am inept, but.....

Subject: Re: [OM] OK, I know I am inept, but.....
From: Dirk Wright <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 07:44:58 -0400
>Tom,
>
>is the solder blobbing or is it spreading out?
>
>if it's blobbing, it's unlikely the tab is hot enough.

The primary rule about soldering is that the parts to be joined must be
CLEAN. As in no oxide layer! As in abrade the surfaces with a 3M abrasive pad
or equivalent before attempting to solder! CLEAN! CLEAN! CLEAN! CLEAN! CLEAN!
CLEAN!

If it's blobbing, it ain't clean and your iron ain't hot enough.
--
Be Seeing You.
Dirk Wright