Re: [OM] Unknown Wide Zoom Oly Mount

Subject: Re: [OM] Unknown Wide Zoom Oly Mount
From: rudy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Ruediger Betzold)
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 02:05:54 +0200 (MET DST)
> >>http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1218162461
> >>
> >>Hi,
> >>There are five of these on German eBay.  Any comments?
> >>
> >>Rich Lahrson

I have done some business with the seller before. Very nice, no problems
friendly. Expect some time delay if asking him or bidding and winning
the auction. He has a quiete a bit email flow. But nice transaction.
The seller buys equipment from closed photo stores. He has most of the
time new never used items 'laying' around in the closed stores for some time.
I would not be surpirsed if this lens is a never sold lens for some years.

[ informations and comments about exakta deleted ]

In the mid 1980 in Germany was a photo equipment store "Photo Porst" all over
the place that sold Exakta lebeled lenses. (They sold them for a decade ors so)
One of the lenses was my first bought lens with
an OM 40 / PC (hey I was around 12 years or so). This was for nearly 7 years
my only photo stuff. As far as I can tell iit was a nice lens. (4/28-70mm)
I have not yet made a side by side comparision of it with a zuiko 35-70
(but planning this).
Last summer after reaching the first stages of zuiko*****
I wondered who build this lens(es). The photo store still is in business so
I asked them. Only one salesman (~45 years old) was able to tell me
a little about the real manufacturer of Exakta lenses of the mid 1980.
If he remembers right the lenses were some of the big 'noname' lens producers
of japan e.g. factories that procduced for tokina/tamron/vivitar, etc)
But he was not able to tell who produced which lenses.
I'm still searching for more information for the exact classification
which lens was produced from which factory.  I have a some information material
with pictures
of my first lens - maybe I scan it in the next weeks so anybody can have
a short look and maybe identify the lens(es) by picture comparison with
known but different labeled lenses. The Exakta lenses of that time were
most build complete out of metal, no or only very little plastic stuff.

Rudy
  Berlin/Germany