[OM] HELP: squeeling T45 flash, anyone else have one?

Subject: [OM] HELP: squeeling T45 flash, anyone else have one?
From: Johnsonpa@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2001 06:11:57 EDT
I couldn't resist the urge and got a T45 for upcoming weddings this summer.
However, the flash has a wierd squeeling/buzzing sound.  All my other flashes
have the characteristic high pitched whine, but this is definitely louder and
different.  Rather than try to describe it, I recorded it an put it on the
web.  Here is the link:

http://members.nbci.com/_XMCM/johnsonpa/T45b1.wav

I recorded a couple discharge and recycles and posted it here (don't even go
here unless you have DSL, T1 or something else fast: 3.5MB):
http://members.nbci.com/_XMCM/johnsonpa/T45b2.wav

On the first recording, listen for the distinct noise just after 2 sec. You
will really have to crank up the volume to hear anything.  Remember to turn
it back down or you will fall out of your seat the next time you play a sound!

It's really quite loud and annoying.  Sometimes it stops after the flash
recharges and at other times it pulses rapidly.  When it pulses, the
flash-ready indicator light in the viewfinder pulses at the same rate.  At
other times the buzz is so overpowering that I cannot even here the
characteristic whining sound heard in the recording.

So, is this a problem?  Anybody else ever encountered a similar sound?

TIA,
--p.j.